When manual operation is inadequate or inconvenient, Saunders offer a variety of actuators covering valve sizes up to DN250, for different line and operating pressure options. We offer three different actuators, designed for various characteristic performances.
Saunders® EC & S360 Type is a compact and lightweight piston operated pneumatic linear actuator suitable for demanding duties in both industrial and aseptic applications. Available in stainless steel (SSC) or injection moulded in PES Polyether sulphone (EC), the actuator offers excellent chemical and temperature resistance. Available as failsafe spring to close, spring to open and double acting, the actuator is suitable for weir Type A diaphragm valves and HC4 aseptic diaphragm valves.
Now available in sizes up to 4″ (DN100), the Saunders® S360 piston actuator permits remote operation of the valve, either as an alternative to manual operation or as an integral part of a control system
Saunders® ES Type – reduced cost of ownership of the Saunders® ES Modular Actuator has been achieved through standardisation of the actuator ‘heads’ and a unique interchangeable bonnet assembly.
Saunders® Actuator accessories: Our thoughtfully designed accessory portfolio provides you with the final elements necessary to configure an automated valve solution to precise control requirements.
Simple to mount and set, our accessories are designed with fewer parts for extra reliability. Many are compact enough to be easily installed and maintained where space is at a premium. Modular versions can be used with more than one type of valve or combined with other accessories in the range to provide even more combinations. They can often be transferred to another process when their original purpose has been fulfilled.
Saunders® ECX Actuators provide an extension to the Saunders® EC Actuator range, providing excellent chemical resistance with a compact design. ECX actuators are suitable for Weir Type A diaphragm valves and the Saunders® HC4 Range of diaphragm valves. A wide range of line pressures can be accommodated with the three types of spring packs available: failsafe spring to close, spring to open and double acting.
Saunders® I-VUE Sensor – The Saunders® I-VUE is an intelligent valve sensor designed specifically for aseptic diaphragm valve applications in the Life Science industry. Compatible with Point-to-Point (P2P), AS-i, and DeviceNet control systems, the Saunders® I-VUE offers substantial benefits over standard switch controls.
- I-Vue Enhance Reliability and Accuracy with Saunders® I-VUE solid state continuous sensing technology that provides precise position readings for the entire valve range from 0.25” to 4.00” (DN8 to DN100). Simplify Installation by utilizing automated valve calibration without opening the IP67 rated polycarbonate sensor enclosure, reducing set up times to 3 minutes or less.
- Lower Maintenance Costs by applying factory or user defined device settings to monitor valve cycle count and end point tolerance limits, preventing false alarms and unnecessary diaphragm replacement. Saunders® I-VUE Sensor Key Benefits With fully potted solid state electronics to protect against moisture and vibration, and no contacting parts to fail, the Saunders® I-VUE is built to provide many years of accurate valve position sensing.
- The Saunders® I-VUE advanced electro-magnetic sensing technology provides accuracy of less than 0.2mm (0.008”) and is designed to be used on valves from 0.25” – 4.00” (DN8-DN100) with reliable, repeatable results. Unlike conventional end point switches, thanks to the Saunders® I-VUE continuous sensing, valve position is always known throughout the range of travel, allowing more accurate control even with variable process conditions.
- The Saunders® I-VUE sealed IP67 and NEMA 4X rated polymer casing is compact, rugged, and does not require any dismantling when commissioning the valve. When fi tted with the high performance integral solenoid valve, open and closed positions can be set via the network control system or at the unit in either manual or self-calibration modes in under 3 minutes, dramatically reducing complexity and cost even in hard to reach installations.
- The Saunders® I-VUE has a unique LED smart window display to assist in setting and programming the sensor and communicating alarms. Diaphragm management and general maintenance is vastly improved as the Saunders® I-VUE can be programmed either by date or by operation cycle count, preempting unnecessary diaphragm replacement. Programmable alarms are in place for easy monitoring of valve and process status.