Acquired in 2001 by Curtiss-Wright Flow Control, Solent and Pratt, based in the U.K., is a world leader in the manufacturing of high performance valves. These application critical valves are currently supplied to the oil and gas market, specifically to oil producing applications at offshore oil rig installations.
The TOSV™ series of butterfly valves are of dedicated Triple Offset * geometry design. This particular feature eliminates the disc-to-seat rubbing condition, normally associated with ‘HPBV’ butterfly valves, which induces wear of varying degrees, even in metal seated versions. This is an ideal replacement valve for Ball, Plug or Gate types.
Patented Two direction valve geometry
The Solent & Pratt Triple Offset Segment Valve utilizes the well established valve geometry where the shaft is offset from the body in two directions (1) and (2), whilst the disc is a segment taken from a cone where the apex is offset from the center line of the valve (3). The disc (segment) of the valve houses a field replaceable metal laminate seal whilst the field replaceable seat ring is housed in the body of the valve.
Due to the valve geometry there is no interference or rubbing between seat and seal as the valve strokes through it’s full 90°.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Firesafe Certified to API 607 4th edition BS6755 Part 2 and API 6FA
- Sizes 3” (750mm) to 84” (2100mm)
- Anti-blowout stem Internal is standard External to API 609 optional
- Triple Offset Geometry Provides non-rubbing motion throughout full 90˚ rotation eliminating unnecessary wear and prolongs life of seat and seal.
- Pressure ratings ANSI 150 through 300 Ib.
- Zero leakage Bi-directional shut-off to API 598, Zero Leakage Capability.
- Ease of maintenance Field replaceable seat and seal ring reduces maintenance costs.
- Ease of material selection Non-galling design enables a wide variety of material options.
- Bearing protectors Bearing protectors are available for the more arduous duties.
- Live loaded packing Is available as an option.
- Quality assurance system Approved by Lloyds to ISO 9001.
- Operators Valves can be supplied with manual, electric, pneumatic or hydraulic actuators.
- Fail-safe systems for emergency operation are also available.