Hytork Excel (XL) Rack and Pinion Pneumatic Valve Actuator
The Hytork XL-series rack & pinion actuator is modular in design and is field convertible from double-acting to spring-return and vice versa. The 12 actuator sizes are designed to automate the most popular quarter turn valves like ball, butterfly and plug valves. Hytork XL actuatos have numerous features that add reliability. Its rugged heavy duty, all coated body is made from a high strength LM25 aluminium casting designed to prevent damage from dents, shock or fatigue.
- Hytork XL comes with a unitque SAFEKEY system (patented) and uses a flexible stainless steel key in an internal machined keyway. SAFEKEY prevents external contamination and eliminates stress concentrations caused by point loading.
- Actuator internals are protected for corrosion with CEREMIGARD a ceramic-like finish of Di-Aluminium Tri-oxide (Al2O3).
- A powder-coated surface treatment as standard on end caps and housing provides extra protection against aggressive environments.
- All moving parts are protected by permanently lubricated and long-lasting DURASTRIP bearings to reduce friction and increases cycle life.
- Plated with cobalt zinc, the steel pinion is protected from corrosion and features a unique stop design.
- NAMUR mounting (VDE/VDI 3845) allows standardization of mounting hardware for a wide range of accessories.
- Hytork XL actuator pinion drives are manufactured to ISO 5211 with a star drive to provide extra flexibility and simplicity for direct mounting to a valve.
- Large internal air passages maximizes valve operating speeds and adds reliability by reducing potential blockage.
- The visual position indicator is designed for indication at a glance and can easily be converted from across-line to in-line indication.
- The bi-directional travel stops allow easy setting of the valve stroke which prevents premature valve failures.
- Extra large rack and pinion tooth design promotes full tooth engagement. Assists gear tooth life by reducing stress and having precise gear tooth mesh.
- XL Springs are designed and manufactured never to break. The nested design provides a balanced concentric force on the pistons.
- Power Source – Pneumatic
- Product Type – Pneumatic Rack and Pinion Actuator
- Actuation – Quarter-turn
- Certifications – ROHS3, REACH, ATEX, PED and Machinery Directives, SIL
- Control Type – On/Off, Positioning, Modulating, ESD
- Valve Type – Ball, butterfly, plug and any other quarter turn application
- Operating Temperature – Standard -20°C to +100°C (-4°F to +212°F). Optional high and low temperature options
- Torque – 12 sizes; 19 to 3232 Nm (167 to 28500 lbf.in)
- Operating Pressure – up to 8.3 bar / 120 psi